Saturday, December 12, 2015

Falling dried leaves
              A bus stopped in front of a girl who has been waiting for a while. It was the last bus through her Islamic Boarding House (IBH) then she must not miss it. Sailir, the fifth semester of Edusiana University, would come late, again, to back to Al-Amin(IBH Al-Amin). It was the several times she went back late from his University, she was the only one who went to state university at her IBH because she got a scholarship to enter that university. While it was not far between her University and her IBH, she should take a bus to go back. If she walked on foot, at least just made left swelling on her feet and scratching on her heel what appeared so sudden.
     “Take me down in front of Al-Amin” she shouted to the driver
She was the only one passenger at the time. There were only the driver, the assistant of driver and the only beautiful person along for the ride, Sailir. The broke off in front of IBH Al-Amin and the girl took down.
She faintly heard the wave of wirid(passage of Al-Quran or certain recitation recited after praying by Moslem)  read by several santri (students at traditional Muslim school who stay in an Islamic boarding house)
              “Stop there!” suddenly a voice heard loudly. Sailir startled.
              “Where were you from?” snapped the owner of the voice, Mbak Fatim at Sailir
              “emmmbbb. . . . “
“Come with me to the office now!”
Millions words came to Sailir’s head immediately. She must hear a number of rubbish words again. Mbak Fatim,the superior of IBH Al-Amin, would definitely become like Ustadah who always published on TV.
“Sign this, it’s for your several time coming late and did not pray jamaah(together)”. Mbak Fatim said viciously.
“Can I explain why I . . .?”
“No excuse for those who always comes late”
“But I . . .”
“No words. Just do what on the paper you sign! Assalamualaikum” Mbak Fatim left Sailir the office going to the hall.
Sailir was coming back to her room. She felt very dizzy because of exhaustion and it was added by writing on her hand. There are some points that she must do, cleaning 2 bathrooms, four halls of classes where no table and chairs inside of, and throwing 5 boxes of rubbish. How exhausted it was only to think about it all!
“ salamulekum…” Sailir greeted while opening the door and entering the room
“heh heh heh….greet by the good way, hush hush . . . “ Ulya pushing her back out of the door
”oke,oke okee…..listen it carefully!!” she said when the door was closed, “assalamualaikum warohmatullohi wabarokaatuh” she greeted her friends like pre-elementary school teacher teaching the students.
Ulya and Khotim grabbed her to sit between them.
“wa’alikum salaam…..” they answer together.
“guest what! We have hot news today!” said Khotim with a face full of meaning.
Saillr just knitted her forehead without saying anything, she taught, perhaps they had just got a wrong food eaten, or they had eaten too much terasi sauce (a sauce made of shrimp with paste) in the kitchen or maybe they had just watched a new gossip of entertainment by stealth from a mobile phone that they hid inside the binder book and sometimes they entrusted it to Kang Rahim the librarian in front of their IBH.
“We have a new handsome interesting ustadz now!” Ulya didn’t want to be second to none
“What are you talking about?” Sailir got more confused about their act. She knew that Abah (calling name for the owner and usually teacher in Islamic Boarding House) had been getting sick for a while and could teach them but what is the related?
“Then?? What’s on babieehhh??” asked Sailir with innocent face and funny lips till looked her dimple on her left cheek
“You must love him if you know?!! He’s very handsome, he has just come from Gontor.” Ulya said
“How can you know?”
“Fatim told me. It’s all righ Fatim” Ulya face to Fatim and Fatim just nod her head many times while smiling.
“and you?”
“I know him, I’ve seen him. And he is still single. . . ooeewwhhhhh”. Said Fatim
“And thennn, I DON’T CARE…I wanna sleep”  Sailir was irresponsive to her friend.
“How exhausting day it iss……” said Sailir while taking the blanket.
“Take a bath first! Don’t be a lazy girl!” said Anna who just recite her wiridan while others were chatting. She was the wisest girl in the room. Her roommates always called her “Aunty” not because of her body was like aunty, but also because her though also more than her friends.
“yes aunty, but later, I wanna take a rest, aunty, you always say that taking a bath in the evening is not good for our body, don’t you?” Sailir made reason.
“Yeah, but not taking a bath is worse”. Anna got out and let Sailir be. Maybe she wanted to sorogan to mbak Fatim. she was totally diligent Santri.
That evening was over as usual. The time rushed along. The stars just watched the fate of two persons from the sky above. The darkness of the evening just signed that the great story would have been begun. The wind blew created God’s blessing in the middle of night.
~(oo)~

While in another room of that IBH, two pairs of eyes are talking fully on tears.
“Gus azka, come here close to”. said abah Ali.
“I’ve been out of my time. I hope you have been ready to change my position, uhuk,”
“Abah, you need take rest bah, don’t say anything about it. You must be strong. The students need you more and I’m not ready yet to”
“I think it’s in your time” Abah thrusted him’.  It’s the time for you to share your knowledge, to share what you’ve been studying.”
“Yess Abah, but I need your guide, I need you beside me to strengthen me.”
“Yeah yeah yeahhh”.
~(oo)~

“kang, I take my package “ it’s the code between santri and Kang Rahim to take  an entrusted phone.
“why so soon??”
“I left my bus, hurry up kang……!”
“yups, be safe, being hurry is not good” advised Kan Rahim.
“yess Kang, thanks a lot!” said Sailir while got the mobile phone into her bag and smiled to Kang Rahim with her sweetest smile as usual. Kang Rahim just shook his head knowing her actions.
Sailir trotted out from the book store when all of sudden, brukkk……
“ouchhh……!” Sailir groaned instinctively when suddenly she crushed something.
“owhh sorry, I am the one mistaken” said a young man helping her taking the scattered books on the floor.
“It’s ok, because I was in hurry, thank you” Sailir didn’t concern to the young man who helped her. She stood up and went away.
A pair of eyes followed her steps away. The young man wondered how it could be.
“Who is she? Is she student of Al-Amin?”
“yes, she is” answered Kang Rahim sortly
“Emmmbbb….”
“Is she beautiful Gus?” asked Kang Rahim who saw Gus Azka piled up.
“Eh, hemb? What are talking about?”
“How can we talk about the girl? I come here to meet you Kang”
“Owhhhh….what can I do for you, Gus?”
“I just want to check whether we need some kitab (book)”
 “Yeah we need more for Tuhfatut Tulaab, Kifayatul Ahyar and Jurumiyah Gus” explained Kang Rahim.
“It seems your lesson gets many enthusiasts, Gus”
“Yeah, Alhamdulillah”
They entered to the storage room to check the need further.
~(oo)~

“Il, Saillll…” a voice called Sailir’s name, her friend always called her Sail not Sailir, they said that it’s easier to call than they have to call her complete name.
“Eh, embb….” Sailir was looking for the voice coming from.
“Sail, here…window, window . . .” a girl, the owner of voice, was waving her hand from inside the room.
“owh, Assalamualaikum Ms. Shifa” greeted Saillir, she entered into the room.
“I need your hand, can deliver these all?” asked Shifa, she was Sailir’s senior grade.
“What are these?”
“Those are invitation letters for our event, everything has been handled by Adam, and so your duty is only to make sure that those letters are accepted by right hands.” Shifa said to her. They would make the ceremonial of “Grand Opening of Silat Training and Book Review” in their campus.
Sailir looked at the letters, the address on the letters she know largely, but one letter took her attention more. The writing was, Jl. Umar No. 12 Islamic Boarding House (IBH) Al-Amin. That was the address where she stayed. Sailir told nobody that she stayed in Islamic boarding House. Her friends knew she stayed in Stinggil (a name of village).
“Do we have to invite them?” she thought it was stupid question. The committee may invite everyone to come but it was to make sure what the related of her Islamic Boarding House with the event.
“My sweetie baby, it’s none of my business, and neither yours. The main point is those letters accepted by them on time”. Explained Shifa. “I heard that they the donator of this event and those who involve for the future”.
“Owhhhh, then what else can I do?”
“Nothing, that’s all”
“OK, just leave it to me”. Sailir smiled and showed her thumb.
“Eh, miss; will the event be late night?” Sailir asked.
“Indeed, because it will be begun after Magrib Prayer (praying in the evening of moslem), why?  Can’t you come?”. Asked Shifa.
“Hehehe I think so, I come, but maybe I’ll go home first. Permit meee…” Sailir persuaded her friend. She cannot explain why she cannot come yet her secret will be revealed.
“It’s OK, but you have to make sure that the invitation guests on those letters come to the event. How?”
“Yeee whether they come or not I cannot force them, how can I do it?”
“Hahaha OK, kidding, they main point you take care of those letters and your duty is finished”. Shifa pinch Sailir’s cheek lovely.
“Ouchhhh it’s ill” Sailir protested what her friend did to her. She rubbed her to her cheek. While her friend, Shifa, just laughed and left her in the room. When she was alone in the room, she was just realized, how she can give the letters to Abah,
“Abah is still gtiing sick, and how can I the letter? If I entrust to Mbak Fahim, I can’t bear her babble. Aingg it’s problem again” she thought in her mind.
~(oo)~

It was nice afternoon with burst of light on the western horizon. A graceful girl looked closer to the book store. A smile had emanated from distance. Kang Rahim knew it. He recognized the smile. He countered the smile and welcomed the girl warmly.
“Assalamualaikum Kang, I want to give. . .”
“Kang, is it all the list from this morning?” a voice from inside the room heard.
Sailir was shocked. She changed her opinion to take her mobile phone.
“Owhh that’s right Gus, are you going right now?”
A handsome teenager, Gus Azka came out from the storage room. “yes Kang, I have to came back soon here”
Sailir just nod her head when Gus Azka looked her. She looked down with no words. There was a distinct feeling between both of them.
“Ehemb, sorry I take a pen inside to write Gus” Kang Rahim’s voice broke the distinct atmosphere. Kang Rahim made a reason whereas they do not need a pen to write. “Ihh Kang Rahim, don’t leaveeee….” Sailir’s heart screamed by itself.
“May I have your name?” Gus Azka asked all of sudden.
“Sailir” answered Sailir sortly. “ emmbbb Gus a son of Abah Ali?” she ventured to ask and talk with.
“Yes I am. Kang Rahim said that you are Al-Amin student, how long have been here?”
“Waduch, Kang Rohim is culprit. Wish he didn’t tell things need to tell”
“Emmmbb I’ve just moved here for about two months Gus” she explained “owhh ya, Gus, I have an invitation from the campus. If Abah cannot come maybe you can replace him to come”
“Isn’t there for me Sailir?” Kang Rahim came out the room so sudden.
“Hiuchhh Kang Rahim will get special invitation letter when Kang Rahim becomes the supervisor of all librarians in this city” answered Sailir furiously. Gus Azka just smiled seeing her showing that action and expression.
“OK, I’ve gotta go before it’s getting evening”
“hehm hem hemmbbb….forget to take leave with me” Kang Rahim always interrupted.
“What did you say Kang? Get me the list. Assalmualikum. I’m leaving Kang”
“Wa’alaikum salaam” Kang Rahim and Sailir answered together. “Be safe Gus, don’t daydream on the way. No one noticed what Kang Rahim meant at the time.
Since then, the world change to be full in blossom. They capped off the day by joyful and cheery on their own heart. For the second unintended meeting and the first conversation, it was strange feeling they felt. They knew that it was abnormal, that feeling was not supposed to be there. But it probably what people called  Amor cuerto no es amor , real love is an insane love.
~(oo)~

              Sailir came back to her room together with Khotim. When they got the room, Sailir faced her box, she searched her Kitab (book, for Ngaji). She looked for Kifayatul Ahyar the book of Fiqih (branch of knowledge of Islam studying about the way how Muslim worship to their God technically). Her friends were bemused. Ulya the one who can’t bear spoke up.
“What are looking for beb?”
“Are you OK?” Khotim who always cared added “Is something lost?”
“Eh, aunty, do you see my Kifayah (Kifayatul Ahyar)?”
“Why? Have you forgotten?” asked Khotim
“I borrow it” Ulya said “mine is still in Librarian, Kang Rahim it’s been accomplished, but I don’t take it yet”.
 “OK, now you can get yours, I utilize mine”
“Why? Why is it sudden? “ Ulya was complaining. ” absolutely, now the library has been close”
“It’s mine, up to me, wekkk” Sailir mocked her.
“Hemmmbbb I know, so this is the effect of our Gus. He is really awesome” said Fatim who was just silent hearing their conversation. Everyone turned their head to her.
“We were talking about it, that Gus Azka was waiting for someone before going to Sarang”
“Wachhh I never think about it,” Ulya joined again in the conversation. “At the time you said that you do not care, but I’m really proud of you. I’ll always on your back”.
Ulya’s step began, she provoked Sailir to she was known around her friends to be prof. not a professor but provocateur.
Sailir was just silent and smiled by herself. She cannot say any word to talk.
~(OO)~

Day by day passed by, Sailir became a diligent Santri. Her friends were also happy, because the rebel had changed to be an angel. They always backed up what she did. Moreover when it was about their IBH, they would always say yes.
“Aunty, aunty wake up, please, wake up!” Sailir woke up Khotim early morning before Subuh Prayer came.
“Aunty, I want to ask you, come on wake up!”
“What’s going on, beb? I don’t pray, I’m getting period” answered Khotim blindly with the closed eyes
“Eichhh aunty, this is not about praying Subuh, come wake up!” Sailir pulled Khotim’s body and leant up to the wall behind.
“I got a dream, a strange dream” Sailir told it whispery
“It’s good for you, you can dream, it means that you’re alive. It’s better, because you have grabbed my dream tonight”. Answered Khotim furiously but she opened her eyes and looked Sailir face. She had just realized that her friend was really serious yet she was sleepy.
“Iehh seriously, in my dream, it was raining, I had washed my clothes before and dried them. When I wanted to get my clothes, it was on sudden my clothes are stolen by another Santri. What does it mean?” Sailir told her dream shortly.
“Emmmb it means that you are not supposed to steal others’ stuff or you’ll get flue” answered Khotim “OK? I want to continue my dream but not to steal your clothes, not enough for me”
Sailir was alone again when her “aunty” back to sleep. She was still thinking about the dream but she cannot find the answered. She got up and out through channel to bathroom and took Wudhu. She walked back to the room when she saw a car entering the gate of Abah Ali’s house gate. She knew the car, it was a car of Abah Ali’s relative from Sarang, Kyai Thoha.
“Is Abah’s health getting worse?” she asked herself in mind. “May Allah always keep him in blessing, amien” and she came to her room and prayed.
~(oo)~

The day was so clear the sun shone so bright. All santri were doing ro’an (clean up the room and the environment) together. A weak body in a room was forced to wake up leaning up on the wall behind the bed. His breath was so heavy but it looked strong as the faith in his body.
“Alhamdulillah hh,” Abah Ali with Umi were sitting on the bed. “I am sorry Kyai, how was the trip?” asked Abah Ali
“Alhamdulillah, it’s always in Allah’s protection. Now, we are here with family, Umi Ulfa and Zahro are outside waiting”. Answered Abah Thoha.
“yeah, yeahh you know Kyai, to the point, how is the plans? Is everything running well?”
“Injech, (Jv. Means saying yes or agree with something) we come here to make sure about the plan Abah” explained Kyai Thoha. “Does Azka know about this?”
“not all, but I have ever asked him. I told him that I have no more time and he should change my position?” Abah ali said “I know he’s Sholeh (called someone that s/he in good religion). He will be OK”
“injechh, and we have take everything as you want, here” Kyai Thoha gave a piece of invitation as example.
“Thank you very much, and I’m sorry to leave everything to you and your family”
“Don’t mention it Abah, it’s our obligation to do”
~(oo)~

 A mong of Santri had finished their ro’an . Every santri back to their room and cleaned up their body. Just several santri were still doing and accomplishing the last touch. Sailir was with Ulya cleaning the hall. A little boy run coming into the room and looked for something to hide, but in the room there was only a cupboard for set holy Qur’an and other Kitab. Sailir who saw that watched it smiley.
“a funny boy” she thought
“sstttttt tell nobodhy” said the boy whispery “I want to hide” he continued with his intonation which was still lisp.
Sailir smiled as ususal shoing her dimple, no one can’t bear if they see her dimpled -smile and the boy so. In spite of that, Sailir go closer to the boy. She pretended hiding with him.
“Who is looking for you?’ when she was beside the boy
“My elderl sisterl, Nieng Zahro” the boy answered “who are you?”
“I am one of the Santri here, my name is Sailir” Sailir was raising a hand to him and the boy kissed her hand. ”what is your name?”
“Ataka Muhammad”
“Why are hiding from your sister?”
“Che wanted to ask dhis”. The boy showed an invitation letter “I took it flom the table, I , I just take one and she forlbade and ask it again” explained the boy
“Hembb Ataka is not allowed to be naught boy; you should obey your elder sister and parents. If you can do, Ataka will be a good boy and called . . . . “ sailir was being wise. She stopped her word intentionally, in order to be continued by the boy
“cholehh??!!”
“One hundred for you, OK, give me five!” Said Sailir. Just for a while they can be so closer when suddenly a voice was heard.
“Ataakaa, Ataakaa…..”
“That’s your elder sister’s voice, please come to her”
“Yeah, dhis forl you, please hidte it” the boy gave the letter and run to the voice coming from.
Sailir accepted the letter the boy gave to. She watched him running out and smiled. She looked the letter and tried to open it. She read the writing inside. All of sudden the world was like crushing another planet. It was invitation for wedding party or planning of wedding party. There was written as;
Azkabarra Bin K.H. Ali Rahmat & Az-zahro Binti K.H. Thoha Muthohar
Sailir was getting supple all of sudden. She cannot stand again. Ulya entered the room and was shocked seeing her friend sitting helpless in the corner of the hall.
~(oo)~

In the middle of frozen night, a girl complained to the only God, Allah. She asked to strengthen her heart give her a greatness of soul to face them all. She sit on the prayer mate with tears on her cheek.
“Allohumma laa mani’a lima a’thoita wa laa mu’ti lima mana’taa, walaa yanfa’ul jad minkal jadd, my lord, no one can give what you want to refuse and no one can refuse what you want to give, then give me a best way and a ways thinking to think that all this happened to is the best for me” she mention in her praying.

I missed you like the moon missed a night
I missed you like the sun missed light
I wanted us to be like a sky with clouds
I wanted us to be like rain with water droplets
Now you go far away and away
When I wish you were here to stay
Leaving you longing of my heart
Love is now rotten, frozen and hard
Heart is getting shattered to be apart
And the soul to languish without a word

Composed by Rudianto (13.02023.0014)
http://rudiantoelqudsiy12.blogspot.co.id

No comments:

Post a Comment